Thigh Lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure performed by Dr. Elie Abdelhak — designed to tighten the skin of the thigh and reduce sagging in the inner or outer thighs. The procedure is commonly performed on patients with massive weight loss, but it is also performed on people who have not experienced weight loss. There are two types of thigh lifts:
- Inner Thigh Lift(also known as medial thigh lift)
- Outer Thigh Lift
The Day of Your Thigh Lift
A thigh lift is performed with the patient under general anesthesia and takes from 2 to 4 hours.
There are many types of thigh lifts, differentiated by the size and shape of the incision used to remove excess skin, fat, and tissue. Your plastic surgeon will evaluate your candidacy for each of these types of thigh lifts and recommend which may suit your needs and preferences. While these techniques provide a general guide for surgery,
Dr. Abdelhak may make modifications to accommodate your unique shape and desired results. In general, patients with more skin, tissue, and fat to remove will require longer or more complex incisions, regardless of the technique used.
Thigh Lift recovery time is 3 weeks. Dr. Elie Abdelhak recommends bed rest for the first 5 days — avoiding all movement to help speed up recovery time.
Out-of-town patients who have the thigh lift must stay a minimum of 10 days in town.
You may stop wearing your compression garment after one month approximately.
Am I a candidate for a thigh lift?
Good candidates for thigh lift surgery include:
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the inner or medial thigh region and/or the outer thigh.
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery.
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what the surgery can accomplish.
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle including proper nutrition and fitness.
How long will the results last?
Long-lasting results for patients who maintain a healthy weight and follow the Dr’s instructions for post-operative care.
What to expect from a thigh lift?
Thigh lift surgery is a popular procedure for patients who want to have tighter, leaner, shapelier legs. The many benefits of this surgery may include:
- More clothing options for patients who have trouble finding garments that fit due to sagging, drooping thigh skin
- More comfortable daily activity for an improved overall quality of life.
- Greater confidence and self-esteem, which can improve every area of patients’ lives, from personal relationships to professional advancement.
Get a FREE quote for Thigh Lift
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.